market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Perilla

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Alliums <garlicgrower AT earthlink.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Perilla
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 08:16:51 -0400

Del wrote:

dorene, are you telling me I should pinch off all the seed heads or just
yank it out?

It does feed the beneficials without any care from you, so I'd go ahead and leave it. We keep saying we're doing to try to eat it or make tea from it (maybe this summer if it warms up -- right now, I'm still drinking hot tea!) but we just let it grow around the garden and keep the bees, etc happy.

I'm surprised Bob's flower friend didn't want it -- it has a red/purple nice color and interesting smell, so I'd think it would be great for bouquets, but I'm not a flower farmer! ;-)

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of