market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Perilla

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Perilla
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 21:39:40 -0400

I have a customer who retails specialty flowers, herbs and vegetable plants,
and every year she asks me to grow her stuff you won't find at your Wal mrt.
One year I did her a favor and grew flats of Perilla. I found it quite easy to
grow and when I delivered them, she said to throw them away there just weeds.
It was the only time she ever rejected something new and different...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.