market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Introduction

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Andrews, Shirley F." <SAndrews AT AcademicBookServices.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Introduction
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 13:15:56 -0400

After only one day of being on the list I feel like a kid in a candy
factory. It is such a pleasure to hear from all of you scattered all
over the country. Seems like a lot of new members have come aboard in
the last 24 hours and most of them stating they, like me, know little
but want to learn. This site www.cooksgarden.com has some fabulous
articles for the novice: basic soil, cover crops, crop rotation and
double digging. I have found them to be a wonderful seed supplier
carrying lots of organic varieties.

I also read from so many about all the rains causing the inability to
plant or at least as early as you would like. I think our weather goes
in cycles like the earth and even though it seems depressing it is
probably for our best. Who knows how many microscopic things are
growing out there in all this rain to help us later. I guess it would
be a good time to look at more catalogs. Thank you all for
participating and bringing joy to my daily desk job.