market-farming - [Market-farming] New to the List

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Tracey Bentley <firstladyfarm AT comcast.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] New to the List
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 16:25:07 -0400

Hi there,
I'm new to the list and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Tracey Bentley. I'm a market farmer on the Seacoast of New Hampshire. Although I've been growing all my life, it was just a year ago that I turned it into my avocation. It has been a welcome change from the corporate world. This spring has been challenging here in the Northeast. The snow was around until late April. April and May were unusually cold. And it's been raining for a couple of weeks. Most of us are well behind schedule.

I have about two acres cultivated and have one small greenhouse. I hope to grow my business slowly over the next several years. Right now I specialize in all kinds of greens, green beans, tomatoes, and potatoes.

I look forward to sharing experiences with all of you.
Tracey