market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Transporting Produce

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Transporting Produce
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 05:39:54 -0400

Allan: I load all of mine into coolers with ice at the bottom. It was
expensive, but sure maintains the quality. I've also got some styofoam
boxes with lids from a pet store -- used for fish, I think, that keep stuff
cool for the 25 minute ride.

Elaine - Not having worked with ice, I have to ask how it is used. Is there something between the produce and it? Do you keep the box drain open all the time? How much ice is enough? And, are you making it? Using 'box ice'? or what?

thanks for sharing your experiences.

-Allan