market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Pick your own strawberry operation.

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Pick your own strawberry operation.
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 19:30:57 -0500

Regards to the list:

Strawberries:

First year, too much rain.  Killed most of the plants.

Second year, too much rain.  Killed most of the plants

Third year, didn’t plant any

Fourth year, deer ate all but 30 plants.

Fifth year, didn’t plant any.

Sixth year, didn’t plant any.

Seventh year, got a Pyrenees and she kept deer away

Eighth year, drought, no irrigation.

Ninth year, drought, no irrigation.

This year, have 7 Pyrenees, putting down drip tape, ordering several thousand berry plants.  If it doesn’t work this year, taking all the plant money to Las Vegas.

Marie in Missouri