market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] rain

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org (Market Farming)
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] rain
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 09:13:56 -0400

Soils up here are dry but not desperatly dry, we all have begun irrigating
for the last week, our aquafurs are full, we have had alot more sunshine than
you. Its been great for planting sweetcorn, all my early plantings are up and
more will be going in this week. The asparagus harvest is going well with
sales in the $30 a crate range. Leaf lettuce green and red grown under row
covers is just being harvested this week on all the sandy soils in the
Vineland NJ area...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.