market-farming - [Market-farming] Russian Squash

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Russian Squash
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 07:42:23 -0600

Regards to the list:

We have a Russian customer who has asked for a long white
"zucchini-looking" squash. She is trying to find the name for us. Do
any of you have any ideas or suggestions as to what this might be and
where I could get the seed?

The mean ewe had triplets and so far, one has survived and that seems
iffy. I have her in the house, but she can't walk yet. I am milking
the ewe every two hours to feed the lamb except in the night.

Yesterday was the last day to plant root vegetables according to the
Moon Sign book. Now we have to wait until April 17 for the sign to come
around again to plant potatoes, carrots, beets, radishes, turnips. . .
Might sneak s few into the ground anyway.

Marie in Missouri