market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] gas tank cleaning & repair

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "jay gee" <jgj23 AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] gas tank cleaning & repair
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:43:39 -0800 (PST)

>Just about any acid will do including vinegar. I would recommend a product
>called Naval Jelly and is sold in hardware stores. It is formulated just for
>rust. As far a clearing the acid a bit of baking soda and water will do that
>followed by a nice gasoline rub down. For hole all the way through you can
>braze the patch with brass rod and it will hold as long as you will need the
>tank. Small holes you just braze the brass directly on.

Before welding or brazing any gasoline tank, be sure
you have cleaned the tank thoroughly to remove any
traces of gasoline and apply the sniff test to make
sure there are no fume residuals in the tank.

Stick your nose into the tank to smell. If you smell
any gasoline at all, wait.

Jay Gee
not a farmer - but interested in farming

  • RE: [Market-farming] gas tank cleaning & repair, jay gee, 02/28/2003