market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] OT Thought Provoking (or maybe justprovoking:)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rick Hopkins" <rdhopkins AT americanpasturage.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] OT Thought Provoking (or maybe justprovoking:)
  • Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 11:23:09 -0600

Rick W.

On the topic of legislators:

I will agree with you on this one. Most legislators are hard working and
caring individuals. Where many find that they get an impression otherwise
are the ones who never take the time to communicate with their elected
officials. In many cases we find ourselves with a legislator we did not
vote for. That doesn't mean he is not there to work for us.

In many of the state related issues we deal with, I contact legislators who
are not even close to my district. They are often as concerned for serving
the residents of the state as well as ones in their own districts.

What we mostly see and hear are of the small percentage of politicians that
generally get the most media attention that appear to be in collaboration
with entities that promote self interest legislation. The one's skirting
with illegal activities will get caught eventually. There are too many
watchdogs involved in politics.

If a person feels strongly negative about a legislator and has never dealt
with them on a personal level, they may be joining the masses of whiners who
often don't even vote. I would tell them to get involved and communicate.

BTW, Jill I am not categorizing you in this last group as I do not have
personal knowledge of your actions and convictions. I am basing my last
statement on the people I deal with face to face on a daily basis.

Rick H.