market-farming - RE: Windbreaks

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu ("Market Farming")
  • Subject: RE: Windbreaks
  • Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 08:16:33 -0500

Around here its a standard practice on the sandier farms to plant rye strips
between every 5 rows or beds of tomatoes, eggplant, greens or 10 rows of
peppers. Often greens are not marketable from these farms without windbreaks.
Privet hedge is planted extensively throught the county in all the vegetable
production areas, usually dividing fields and roadways, it grows 30 feet
tall, don't know the exact spacing but most farms space privet rows 200 feet
appart...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

http://webmail.netscape.com/