market-farming - Re: Launching a CSA

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Launching a CSA
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 09:08:46 -0500

Liz,

We just buy the extra things from the other farmers and include the
items in with the share. This year, we bought peaches, cucumbers,
watermelon and cantaloupe. We plan to buy pumpkins, squash and gourds.
Can you tell that our vine crops didn't do well? It seems like our
gardens were either under water or dry as a bone.

I have heard of groups of farmers growing just their specialties and
they combine them for their CSA customers. I suppose they all share the
same customers? I have been looking for where I read about that so I
could tell you for sure, but haven't found anything yet.

Marie in Missouri