market-farming - and since we are speaking of Johannesburg

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: and since we are speaking of Johannesburg
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:33:51 -0400

Instead of just printing the press releases from an administration for sale, especially on ag and energy issues, we should hear from some of the other voices currently in Johannesburg (the ones that Kevin's post tried to demonize). And since my wife is there, here is her organization's web page. She sends out daily reports on the fight against water privatization. Did you know that the US has the largest public water system in the western world and the Bushites ( and Clinton's people before him) are working to privatize it, which means letting French companies buy up our publicly owned water resources.

http://www.citizen.org/CMEP/

  • and since we are speaking of Johannesburg, Leigh Hauter, 08/30/2002