market-farming - Re: Fw: Re: Raised Beds

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: cross-r-ranch AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Fw: Re: Raised Beds
  • Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 22:36:57 -0400

Well, Allan, yes to each his own, lol. If everyone was exactly the same,
the world would be really dull.

But what you mention about tires on asphalt is possibly why I don't seem
to have problems. My children (9 and 5 now) have been eating out of our
tire garden for years with no ill effects, and possibly it's because the
roads here are primarily cement or dirt rather than asphalt. <shrugs> I
dunno, but would be interested in reading the material you mentioned if
you can find it. It likely won't sway me, as anybody who tries hard
enough can make a set of numbers crunch out however they like (I should
know - I crunch numbers for a regular job.), but I'm willing to take a
look.

Heather R
cross-r-ranch AT juno.com