market-farming - Re: Raised Beds

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: cross-r-ranch AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Raised Beds
  • Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 14:44:41 -0400

I dunno about that, Allan - I've had my soil tested every year and never
had a problem with cadmium or anything else. I know a number of people
who use tires in their gardens also, and haven't had any problems with
the produce grown in them. Maybe it's just tires from a specific area or
something. Heck if I know for sure. I just know I haven't had problems.
<G> They are great for the heat-loving veggies especially - soak up the
sunlight like crazy - you should see my peppers and tomatoes, lol.
(About the only thing that grew well for a while, thanks to a very cold,
damp spring....Rrrrrr)

Heather R
cross-r-ranch AT juno.com