market-farming - thinning radishes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marienne Kreitlow <marienne AT marienne.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: thinning radishes
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:15:43 -0500

Adam wrote:

> >I was curious to know the thinning routine some others use on beans,
> >radish,
> carrots, etc...

I've always thinned my radishes after the third leaf appeared, to about 2"
apart. It's interesting - at least to me - that I'm now planting the same
radish
here in MN that I planted in TX, but down south, when properly thinned, they
made
nice globes. Here, no matter how they're thinned, they're elongated. Still
taste as good (we eat all these ourselves), just different shape, so it
doesn't
bother me. Just curious.

Jerry Ford
Hei-Low Farm
Howard Lake, MN

  • thinning radishes, Marienne Kreitlow, 06/26/2002