market-farming - Re: Kobuta vs John Deere tractors

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Peter Worsley <pwors AT svn.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Kobuta vs John Deere tractors
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:00:22 -0700

I have a New Holland TC33D, 33 hp 4wd, with loader, tiller, and toolbar
for hilling discs, ripping bars, misc. sweeps, etc. The tractor is just
about a year old. I bought it because it is a "Boomer" model, with
"Supersteer", which means that after the front wheels are turned all the
way, the front axle begins to pivot, giving me an extremely tight
turning radius. I use it for everything imaginable, borrowing a flail
mower, rotary mower, box scraper, and post hole auger when necessary. I
spread manure from the bucket with a fork or shovel. Also do all my own
maintenance. The manual is great. Peter