market-farming - Re: Sturdy seed starting trays

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Sturdy seed starting trays
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 19:37:39 -0600

A couple of sources I can think of

Carlin
Milwaukee or Joliet, IL

JG Smith
Chicago

I don't have phone numbers at the moment but I can get them for you.

They sell seed starting trays that vary in the number of cells per flat.
They also sell a base that holds the trays. I have used these with bottom
heat but with overhead misting during the seed starting period. I'm sure
they could be used with a bottom watering approach.

I have had some of these starting trays for 6 years. As long as my dogs
don't get hold of them and play with them, they seem to hold pretty well
from season to season. My trays are black.

Del Williams
Farmer in the "Del"
Clifton IL