market-farming - RE: weasel

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: marc AT aculink.net
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: weasel
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 19:45:00 -0700

In a pastured poultry setup the poultry is kept inside of
cages that are moved every day. Weasels cannot gain access
unless the cages are not built and managed properly.

Perhaps you are thinking of "free range" poultry.

Marc
Ark Valley Farms

sunnfarm AT netscape.net wrote:

> 40 years ago we lost most all of our pastured poultry flock to varmints
> which is why I have forever been an opponent of pastured poultry, but back
> then leg hold traps were common and legal and did a good job of catching
> varmints, yes I know these traps are cruel and inhumane, but so is a weasel
> eating your defenceless peeps...Bob.
> Sunny Meadow Farm
> Bridgeton, NJ...

  • weasel, Allan Balliett, 12/21/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • RE: weasel, sunnfarm, 12/21/2001
    • RE: weasel, Allan Balliett, 12/21/2001
    • Re: weasel, Karen Cannon, 12/21/2001
    • RE: weasel, marc, 12/22/2001
    • RE: weasel, Allan Balliett, 12/22/2001