market-farming - Re: Sorrel

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Alex McGregor <waldenfarm AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Sorrel
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 12:31:40 -0400

It is a noxious weed (the sheep sorrel) and we fight it outside- beds, herb
garden- anywhere we disturb the soil.

A use for the leaves (of the cultivated French sorrel) when they get large
and tough- wrap fish in them and bake for a lemony flavor.

And thanks for the info about cutting them back for a new set of tender
leaves. I've been cutting tender leaves just once a year.

Alex McGregor
Walden Farm