market-farming - Survey in progress - Your input requested

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lion Kuntz" <lionkuntz AT email.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Survey in progress - Your input requested
  • Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 11:11:07 +0800

Hello,

Currently I am asking market farmers who do some portion of direct retail
sales (CSA, farm stand, U-pick, subscription, membership, farmers market) to
contribute some of their experience by answering a few questions on a survey
questionaire.

I admit I do not know the best way to ask people, and the best place to ask,
but so far the page counter shows that 13 visits to the webpage containing
the survey. Of these, three people actually answered the questions, and five
submitted a blank form (probably experimenting to see what would happen when
they clicked the button.)

It is too soon to share the results, although I received valuable insights
from these three answerers already. I am hoping there will eventually be ten
or more people answering. Although this seems like a modest expectation I
have learned it is more realistic to underestimate internet altruism than to
over-estimate it. 50 answerers would give much more usable data but that's
not going to happen.

If you feel so inclined, visit webpage:
http://lionkuntz.mybravenet.com/survey01.htm

Whatever answers are collected in the first two weeks will be collated and
made available at web page:
http://lionkuntz.mybravenet.com/survey01_results.htm

Thank you for your input.
Sincerely, Lion Kuntz