market-farming - wireworm treatment

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai" <potzkai AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: wireworm treatment
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 19:57:11 -0700

Has anyone had a successful treatment for wireworm. I was advised to till this has helped but we still have quite the population. We've also tried eliminating the click beetles favourite hiding places (seems to be under black plastic), I was wondering if perhaps there may be a capture method that could be used with plastic, or is it too late once they've reached the adult stage? Jacqueline