market-farming - Re: salad mix

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan AT windwalker-farm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: salad mix
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:39:26 -0500

Phil ­ no rain ­ comfort index around 115º by noon and I've dug potatoes all
morning in soil that comes up in huge clumps. I find myself sitting on my
haunches pounding clumps of dirt together to see if there are potatoes
within. Rain would be a blessing right now but with friends not far away
who've gotten 42" since May - I'm trying not to complain - at least too
much! Think at this point I'll wait till later in August to try salad mix
again. Might try a small amount behind the cucumber trellis just to see
what happens!

joan
windwalker farm
ottawa, kansas

  • Re: salad mix, Joan Vibert, 07/15/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: salad mix, HackettShark, 07/16/2001
    • Re: salad mix, Joan Vibert, 07/17/2001