market-farming - Chemical drift

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu (market Framing)
  • Subject: Chemical drift
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 23:02:42 EDT

The State dept. of agri has been very helpful in  this problem, nothing
resolved yet but am satisfied that if I pursue further I would be able to get
something accomplished.
I guess one of my problems with this drift is   the the chemical is one that
should never be used.  Banvel or the new name Clarity in my opinion should be
ban for use.  If you are  a grape grower this stuff will get you from a lot a
miles away, again why do we in agriculture even need this chemical.  My next
step is going to be trying to get this product  ban for use on corn after May
15.  The stuff moves from place to place after the corrn gets over 5" tall,
so why are they spraying corn that is chest high and using it, this is just
asking for trouble.

Phil from Iowa

  • Chemical drift, HackettShark, 06/28/2001