market-farming - Re:Re:Chemical Damage

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Owsley <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re:Re:Chemical Damage
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 10:10:46 -0400

TROUBLE WITH PESTICIDE DRIFT or ACCIDENTAL SPRAY DAMAGE?
We have three ways for you to let your neighbors know where you stand:
#1) "ORGANIC FARM - DO NOT SPRAY - chemical trespass will be prosecuted"
[12"x18"]
#2) "ORGANIC FARM - PLEASE DO NOT SPRAY - watch wind speed and direction"
[12"x18"]
#3) "ORGANIC GARDEN - PLEASE DO NOT SPRAY"
[12"x12"]
Heavy gauge, rounded corner aluminum, bold black print on bright
yellow background, vertical format, weather-resistant, easy to drill.

Prices for 12"x18" FARM signs: 1-5 are $18. each, 6-23 are $14. each, 24-49
are $12. each. (all prices INCLUDE shipping in the US)

Prices for 12"x12" GARDEN signs: 1-5 are $16. each, 6-23 are $12. each,
24-49 are $10. each. & again, all prices include shipping in the US.

Bulk/group discounts are available for orders of 50+ signs. You may combine
designs for the total number of signs to determine your price. We're organic
and here to stay - hope you are too. Our signs are nicely made, highly
visible but not obnoxious & we've received many compliments and re-orders
from satisfied customers.

To order please send your check with a note indicating how many of each
design you need and contact info. (including your e-mail address) to:
CATNIP FARM, Box 72, Victor, Iowa, 52347. (NO Credit Cards, sorry!)
Bulk discount inquiries: Ericka Dana <doodles AT netins.net>, 319-685-4270.
----------
----------
SUMMER SPECIAL:
Currently we also have a limited quantity of the same two designs, 122x182,
in a medium gauge rounded corner aluminum, same bold black print on bright
yellow background, etc., and the wholesale price per lot of 20 signs is
$140. either design, shipping included.

We have available TWO lots (40 signs total) of the #1) design "ORGANIC FARM
- DO NOT SPRAY - chemical trespass will be prosecuted" and FOUR (80 signs
total) lots of the #2) design "ORGANIC FARM - PLEASE DO NOT SPRAY - watch
wind speed and direction". (These have been discontinued and will not be
available again once they are sold out.)
----------
----------
3/29/2001
For immediate release
Contact: Ericka Dana (319) 685-4270
----------
The Midwest Anti-Drift Coalition
Not just for Midwesterners...

Ericka Dana, certified organic farmer and safe-food activist, has begun a
national network based in Iowa called The Midwest Anti-Drift Coalition
(MADCO) as a resource and support group for anyone who is concerned with
pesticide contamination. This group includes farmers, home gardeners, drift
survivors, chemically sensitive people, prairie preservationists, those with
environmental illness, consumers who don't want pesticides in or on their
food & parents who don't want their children exposed to toxic chemicals in
schools or on the ground where they play. Why is a national network entitled
"Midwest"? Dana says, "Two reasons - I like the acronym and the group began
here in Iowa - but MADCO will encompass all aspects of the pesticide
exposure issue and include all regions of the US (& beyond)."
If you'd like to be included on the contact list, sign up by writing to

Ericka at <doodles AT netins.net> or Catnip Farm, PO Box 72, Victor, IA 52347.
The MADCO resource website, www.StopDrift.org, is under construction.

Lucy Goodman-Owsley
Boulder Belt Organics
New Paris, OH

Looking for a CSA, Farmer's market or other venue for fresh local food?
Check out
http://www.localharvest.com

It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong

Voltaire (1694-1778)