market-farming - Row Crop Flowers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu (market Framing)
  • Subject: Row Crop Flowers
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 21:56:29 EDT

This is a new one for me, we are planting flowers for cut flower production
in row crop fashion,  this will really get my corperate neighbors in an
tisyyy.   Haven't heard from you a while Marie, must be busy like the rest of
us folks.

Omaha market has been open for 3 weeks now and has been a lott better than
last year,  We will have people waiting to be waited on from open til close.
Should have more help at the booth but no one seems to be complaining so life
goes on.  The other market hasn't really got off the ground yet, and I'm not
very optimistic that it ever will be a very good market,  no advertising
budget and  (no) management,  and what a shame for the growth that is in that
city, someone is really missing the boat in the city management to bring
those people to their downtown.  I Really don't feel like their
revitilization program is going to work.

Thanks for the Cafe come back
Phil from Iowa