market-farming - Re: Cotton Gin Trash

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Adriana Gutierrez" <gutierrez-lagatta AT home.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Cotton Gin Trash
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 03:07:42 -0500

The last issue of Organic Gardening indicated that contrary to popular
belief, composting will not eliminate some herbicides. Given that
cotton is a pesticide/herbicide intensive crop I wouldn't use it
unless it came from an organic cotton grower.

> Howdy.....I don't quite trust our local extension agent's answer,
that =
> cotton gin trash is FINE to use since pesticides are ALL GONE once
it =
> gets burned and/or composted....

  • Re: Cotton Gin Trash, Adriana Gutierrez, 04/29/2001