market-farming - Re: produce scale

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Amy K. Johnson" <akjedj AT gamewood.net>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: produce scale
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 21:12:00 -0400

The scales from Opelika, AL have been advertised in 'growing for market'
for quite a while but I just bought one about 2 months ago and so did a
cohort of mine. They cost me $110 including shipping to VA. They are
digital pricecomputing scales with a maximum capacity of 15 lbs. The only
bad thing about them is when we got them certified by the dept of weights
and measures, they were off by the maximum allowable amount so if they get
anymore off, I'll have to get them serviced somewhere and I understand
that it can get expensive.

Amy