market-farming - Re: produce scale

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marie Kamphefner <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: produce scale
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 21:04:16 -0500

Hi Nancy,

I got my scales from a fellow named Virgil Petty in Opelika, Alabama. Phone 334-741-0550 or cell phone 404-3073053.

I think several people on the list got them. They are wonderful scales and
were used to weigh candy in a chain drug store. Mine is like new and I can't remember for sure, but I think they were around 75-80 dollars which was a fantastic price. I don't know if he has any left, but it wouldn't hurt to give him a call. It can be either AC or battery operated and you can key in the price per pound and it figures the total price for you. It is legal for trade.

Marie in Missouri

Where can I buy a reasonably-priced one?
Thanks for the help.
Nancy Haycock