market-farming - Thanks for the Anti reselling opinions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Owsley <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Thanks for the Anti reselling opinions
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 18:48:26 -0400

I took your words of wisdom and printed them out and gave them to all
those who attended the farmer's market meeting. there were 3 of us
excluding the 3 folks who thing reselling is necessary.

Even without many people we got a lot done. It was decided for this year
that folks would have to grow 75% of what they sell and they have to
tell the customer where the resold items come from. Even though all
those in attendance are against reselling there are some long time
farmers who are too old to grow much and want to participate and we all
feel they should be allowed to do so as they won't be around much longer
at the market. We all figured it will take several years to rehab this
market so we shouldn't be too upsetting in the changes

Again Thanks a lot for helping me and this ailing market out you guys
are all gems.

Lucy Goodman-Owsley
Boulder Belt Organics
New Paris, OH

Looking for a CSA, Farmer's market or other venue for fresh local food?
Check out
http://www.localharvest.com

It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong

Voltaire (1694-1778)

  • Thanks for the Anti reselling opinions, Lucy Owsley, 04/27/2001