market-farming - Re: market-farming Working CSA Shares

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "David & Crystal" <consalvi AT midmaine.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: market-farming Working CSA Shares
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 16:01:12 -0500

Bob and others~

I totally agree with your statement that we work hard and should expect
sustainable ag to sustain us, as farmers, also. So, I'm wondering how many,
if any, of the farmers on this list make a sustaining income? I'm not
talking lots of money. Maybe a minimum of a $20,000 salary. Our farm does
not even come close to this and we've seemed to run out of options other
than cutting timber to make it a sustaining income. You can reply to me
offlist and I'll take a poll if you'd like to remain anonymous.

Thanks
~Crystal
Crystal Dawn Farm
Perry, Maine