market-farming - Re: sweet potatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Quercus99 <Quercus99 AT excite.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: sweet potatoes
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:15:22 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 11 Nov 2000 19:10:58 -0600, market farming wrote:

> Speaking of sweet potatoes - I planted 'way too many last spring and as a

> result, there are lots of them still buried in my garden. We've had
some
> pretty cold (below freezing) weather lately which came right behind an
> inch+ rain. What do you think the chances are of us harvesting any more
> good sweet potatoes? Will the rain and the cold ruin them while they're
>
> still in the ground?

I would imagine they would keep just fine, if better in the ground than if
you dug them up! At least through the winter. I am guessing however, we grew
a small number of sweet potatoes for the first time this year...

Im curiuos where did you get your slips to start the plants last spring?

Cheers,
Greg

Tired of slow Internet? Get @Home Broadband Internet
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html