market-farming - Re: market-farming digest: November 10, 2000

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kevin Ancell" <kancell AT getonthe.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: market-farming digest: November 10, 2000
  • Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 10:34:52 -0800

Marc-

Take a chill pill. I get upwards of 20 unsolicited emails a day. I don't
whine or try and whip up ill will. I just delete the damn things and move on
with my life.

As far as ISP's charging for Spam email I dare say that you can not produce
one ISP or Service Provider that has the moral or legal authority to charge
someone for unsolicited email. I know a little about this as I was a service
provider and had over 4,000+ customers before a very profitable sale of our
company.

The only kind of Spamming that gets attention is when Denial of Service is
involve from an offending person/organization shuts down an email server and
I hardly think this falls into this category.

As far as Spamming I consider your email just as bad as "betsy" since you
are interjecting your politics in the last paragraph and lines.

In closing get a life, go play with your seedlings or read your 2001 seed
catalogs and stop trying to whip up Anti-Spamming Drivel because you can not
effect what people do or don't send out. I realize it makes you feel better
to Pontificate but remember in the U.S. of A. we are all free to express our
opinions whether they are stupid or well constructed based in fact. The
Internet being the most free of all places does not have room for NAGS just
ideas and freedom to express those ideas.

Regards,

Kevin Ancell
Market Farmer