market-farming - Re: Seed Sources

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Rock Spring Farm <realfood AT RSFarm.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Seed Sources
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 12:34:28 -0600

In general, we have found Johnny's to have the highest quality seeds available, especially if you are restricted to untreated seeds which can be hard to obtain from other companies marketing to professional growers. I have often been able to look at a flat or row planted to Johnny's seeds and see a clear difference in germination and vigor between it and a similar variety planted nearby.

As I tell my customers at Farmers Market when they complain about my high prices, you get what you pay for.

Chris Blanchard