market-farming - Re: [Re: [Lowering pH]]

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: David King <agreenman AT netscape.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [Re: [Lowering pH]]
  • Date: 21 Oct 00 11:40:59 PDT

Yes - I'll try to find the email address of one who sells the stuff.

"David & Crystal" <consalvi AT midmaine.com> wrote:
David King~
Will these mycorrhizzae work on *really* acid soil, too? Our's (verified)
ranges from 4.7 to 5.3 in our fields way up here in the wilds of Maine.
We've added lime and are in the long slow process of raising it through the
addition of organic matter.
~Crystal
Crystal Dawn Farm in ME

However. Soil science is understanding the relationship of mycorrhizae more
and what they will accomplish for the roots. It seems that these bacteria
can
change the pH of the soil in the immediate presence of the plant roots.
This
will prove more cost beneficial - and you cannot overdo it with mycorrhizae.
They will only change the pH for the root to the pH ideal for that plant's
roots in the immediate area around the roots. More better.

So retest. If it's really that high, look into mycorrhizae.

David King
Consulting Horticulturalist
323.816.0503

---
You are currently subscribed to market-farming as: agreenman AT netscape.net
leave-market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
To subscribe send email to lyris AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
with message text containing: subscribe market-farming <your name>

David King
Consulting Horticulturalist
323.816.0503

http://home.netscape.com/webmail

  • Re: [Re: [Lowering pH]], David King, 10/21/2000