market-farming - Re: Lowering pH

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Peg Cook" <pegcook AT northnet.org>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Lowering pH
  • Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 08:12:18 -0400

Robert,
Woodash will raise pH very quickly and will create problems of no growth in
a garden. I have tested garden soils where folks have applied so much
woodash that the sample is more woodash than soil! In addition, woodash
could contain heavy metals.

Charlie's soil COULD have a naturally high pH depending on where he lives
and what the parent material is.

Peg Cook, Agronomist
Cook's Consulting

pegcook AT northnet.org