market-farming - RE: deer fencing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wagbo Peace Center - Tracy Meisterheim" <wagbo AT torchlake.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: deer fencing
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 10:25:52 -0400

Deer fencing should be six feet apart. And 7' high should be more than
adequate. Ours is 5' high, 6' apart and surrounds the garden. No deer have
ever been in it, and we're in the northwoods of Michigan with a huge deer
overpopulation. We run our layers in the parallel fence and they help by
eating migratory insects and weeds that we throw over the fence.

I am using the two fence system to install deer fencing on our farm. How
far apart should the two parallel fences be? The existing fence is between
4-6' high and the new fence will be 7' high.

  • Deer fencing, Mike Steinberg, 09/01/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • RE: deer fencing, Wagbo Peace Center - Tracy Meisterheim, 09/12/2000