market-farming - Re: restaurant order

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: restaurant order
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 01:14:00 -0400

I remember my first order its very exciting, unfortunatly not everyone is
willing to pay
much, here in NJ any restaurant can go into the auction block and get
absolutely off the
charts perfect extra lg.bell peppers for $10 a 1&1/9 bushel thats about 45-50
peppers, but
if the peppers are slightly misshapen slightly twisted or too tapered at the
ends the
price can go down to $5 even though they look great to me and you, reds bring
up to $20 if
they are 100% red with no green streaks, cubanelles and long hots are selling
for $6-7...
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.