market-farming - Beyond restaurants

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Cappy Tosetti" <cappy AT harborside.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Beyond restaurants
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 09:29:31 -0700

Hello Everyone.  We've had discussions before on growing and supplying restaurants with fresh produce and herbs.

Has anyone ventured beyond those restaurants?
Has anyone approached other facilities (and has anyone has any luck selling)
.......assisted living facilities
.......retirement homes, communities
.......colleges, private high schools
.......prisons
.......camps
.......retreat, conference centers

If so, I'd appreciate hearing from you.  I'm researching this for some national trade magazines, and for my marketing column in the Capital Press Agriculture Weekly.

Thanks so much,

Sincerely

Cappy Tosetti
Food, travel, lifestyle and agriculture writer

Please e-mail me directly.   cappy AT harborside.com

  • Beyond restaurants, Cappy Tosetti, 08/11/2000