market-farming - wireworms

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Nancy Haycock <nhaycock AT acnet.pratt.edu>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: wireworms
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 14:23:05 -0400

I just discovered that I've got wireworms in my potato beds. These are
newly tilled beds -- formerly hay fields, so the sod was very fibrous
and thick. The potatoes have been doing very well -- looking nice dark
green and healthy. Then, last week, I got my first Colorado Potato bugs
and flea beetles, and now these wireworms!
This is my first year of growing potatoes. Does anyone have any advice
to offer me?
Thanks.
Nancy

  • wireworms, Nancy Haycock, 06/29/2000