market-farming - Covering Row Cover

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mike Steinberg <mstein AT wclynx.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Covering Row Cover
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 20:39:02 -0700

We use light weight row cover(Agribon 17) as our primary defense against
cucumber beetles, flea beetles, and other nasty critters. Our rows are 100'
long and we bury the sides of the row cover. As you can imagine, it is a
lot of work to cover the sides with dirt, then uncover to harvest, then
cover and bury again. Anyone have any ideas as to how to hold down the row
cover without burying it with dirt. Our farm is in Northern Cal.in a pretty
windy area.

Thanks for your input.

Mike
Flying Frog Farm