market-farming - Interns

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: cshel <cshel AT usit.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Interns
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 22:56:39 -0400

Hi,
I have some questions about interns. This is our first year as a CSA and our
intern not
only didn't show up but also didn't (and hasn't) bothered to contact us. So,
we are
thinking about next year. I was wondering if anyone has accepted an intern
from another
country. We have been contacted by someone from Cameroon looking for a place
next year.
What is involved if you accept someone from another country?
Has it been successful for you? Does this require dealing with US
Immigration? Any
advice?

I don't suppose we farmers have a place to check that warns us about
difficult interns?
:) Sort of a black list - LOL I guess I could add a name this year!

Thanks,
Cheri Shelnutt
Sweet Hollow Farm
NE Tennessee