market-farming - Re: Holding Strawberries / Fruit Leather

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: cathy mcgregor-smith <mcsmiths AT elgin.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Holding Strawberries / Fruit Leather
  • Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 06:36:19 -0400

hello
i used to make excellent fruit leathers (roll-ups) for my daughters when they
were young
and i had more time.
first mash the ripe berries and mix with honey, spread on plastic paper and
put in food
dryer.
i would save the plastic wax paper from the inside of cereal boxes.
the other students would always try to trade their "joe louis" for the
organic fruit roll
ups.
cathy from mcsmith's organic farm in ontario