market-farming - Cats on the green house

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kathy Somers" <SomersFarm AT kingcon.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Cats on the green house
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 20:28:23 -0400

Hey this is a silly problem.  We obviously have too many barn cats, but they are wrecking havoc with the greenhouse.  They seem to like the warm shade cloth and the heat of the evening and morning sun. Has anyone else had this problem with cats climbing on the roof of the greenhouse.  (Plastic) and do the commercial cat repellents work or is there a cheaper more effective solution.

I have a good one but the rest of my family would disown me.

Kathy Somers

PS  I really enjoy reading all of the posted mails.  I am learning a lot.  This is my first year as a full fledged market gardener.