market-farming - new ruling

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <pike AT always-online.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: new ruling
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 13:06:17 -0400

"Any person who buys or sells commercial quantities of fruits and
vegetables in interstate or foreign commerce must be licensed under the
PACA. "

Just read this today in release of new law from the USDA AMS. I've emailed
Charlie Parrot to see if this includes resellers at our markets. (The
resellers at my market cross state lines to obtain their produce. So this
might not apply to those who stay in-state.) Any comments??

Liz

  • new ruling, Liz Pike, 04/28/2000