market-farming - Re: % Composition of Worms

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Adriana Gutierrez" <gutierrez-lagatta AT home.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Re: % Composition of Worms
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 20:5:3

> I would also like to ask if anybody
> has any idead of the % of vitamins, minerals,
> protein, amino acids, energy, etc. that a worm has
> after harvesting.

Joseph,
Here is some information from another list:

Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 16:45:12 -0500
From: "Oscar Orbegoso M." <4rtpp AT viaexpresa.com.pe>
Subject: Eisenia foetida

Gordon,

There it go the information about E.foetida
Chemical composition of E.foetida meal

Wet Basis (%)
Protein (N x 6,25) 66,8 +-
3,2
Lipids (As EE) 8,8
+- 0,9
Humidity
7,3 +- 0,7
Ashes
8,4 +- 0,6
Crude fiber
1,3 +- 0,8
Carbohidrates 1,2
+- 0,2
Non proteic nitrogen 5,7
+- 0,4
Other constituents 0,5
+- 0,3

Aminoacidic content and composition of E.foetida meal

Aminoacid Gr. o aminoacid per 100 gr of
protein
+ Lisyne 12,51
Histidine 2,51
Arginine 7,03
+ Tryptophane 0,29
Asparctic acid 11,01
+ Treonine 3,76
Serine 3,30
Glutamic acid 13,57
Proline 4,47
Glicine 5,22
Alanine 5,54
Cisteine 4,23

+ Valine 6,14

+ Metionine 1,53
+ Isoleucine 4,73
+ Leucine 7,39
Tirosine 3,23

+ Phenilalanine 3,54

(+) Human essential aacids

I am working with E.foetida (California Red wiggler), testing the humus
in M.rosenbergiiĀ“s pond production. I am beggining a trial this week,
applying differents levels of humus in the water of prawn ponds. The
next month I will inniciatte another trial, but applying humus 15 days
before watering, in the bottom soil of the ponds.

Oscar

  • % Composition of Worms, Joseph Abboud, 03/27/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: % Composition of Worms, Adriana Gutierrez, 01/29/2024