market-farming - Re: Market-Farming: Market for Duck and Goose Eggs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Tommycflinstone AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Market-Farming: Market for Duck and Goose Eggs
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 20:04:06 EST

We were in the Balut buis. in Okla. City & surrounding communties for sev.
years. We had good success selling our surplus drakes to the local viet
namese rest. & grocery stores. We sold them live, not dressed. Kind of
petered out to a marginal buis. when the viet population began to americanize
in the very late '80's.A lot of work to get the feed just right for max.
production of viable eggs. Nothing beats gathering duck eggs in the snow
during one of those Okla. wind blown snow storms.