market-farming - FW: Orchard Cuttings/Propagation Techniques request

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ericka & Rich Dana" <doodles AT netins.net>
  • To: Market Farming List <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, orGaNicgrowing AT egroups.com
  • Subject: FW: Orchard Cuttings/Propagation Techniques request
  • Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 14:53:31 -0800

Can anyone offer assistance to Tom? Please write directly to:

<pcactivist AT mindspring.com>

Thanks,
Keith Johnson

> Subject: Information Request
> Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 15:49:02 -0600
> From: "Tom Levar" <tlevar AT nrri.umn.edu>
> To: pcactivist AT mindspring.com
>
> Good afternoon.
>
> We are developing techniques for propagating clones of Populus spp. and
intend to apply these practices to other woody genera. I am interested the
techniques used on traditionally hard-to-root orchard species (wide variety
of fruits, nuts, grapes, etc) and how to obtain cuttings of these
materials. Our goal is develop techniques which would be cost-effective on
a commercial scale. For now, I am searching for sources of information for
the propagation of hard-to-root, highly- valued woody materials.

> We are located at an institute affiliated with the University of
Minnesota, Duluth. Our facilities include modern greenhouses and controlled
environment chambers. We work closely and are funded (in part,
cooperatively) by the forest products industry and nurseries.

> Can you provide me with further information or direct me to sources? Your
assistance is appreciated.

> Tom Levar
> Natural Resources Research Institute
> University of Minnesota - Duluth
> 5012 Miller Trunk Highway
> Duluth, MN 55811
>
> P: 218.720.4333
> F: 218.720.4329

begin:vcard
n:Johnson;Keith
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:earthaven.org
org:The Permaculture Activist
adr:;;PO Box 1209;Black Mountain;NC;28711;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:keithdj AT mindspring.com
note:magazines.com,   http://www.magazines.com/cgi-bin2/mc/MCHomePage?afd_number=3D2215
x-mozilla-cpt:;-27600
fn:Keith Johnson
end:vcard

  • FW: Orchard Cuttings/Propagation Techniques request, Ericka & Rich Dana, 02/29/2000