market-farming - Re: Tying up soil nitrogen (was Re: Horse manure/sawdust)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: BBGREGSON AT cs.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Tying up soil nitrogen (was Re: Horse manure/sawdust)
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 23:19:19 EST

Don't know about the chemistry involved with adding fresh grass clippings as
mulch, but our experience here with our cool ground is that such clippings
are powerful stimulators of things like summer squash. It may be the heat it
generates. Whatever, it has always been positive.
Bob Gregson, Island Meadow Farm, Vashon WA