market-farming - guard dogs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: maroc AT islandnet.com (Maroc)
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: guard dogs
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 20:12:39 +0000

The Komondors sound like close relatives of the Great Pyrennes. The
solution to that matted coat is to get a half-breed. Right now we have a a
male whose mother was a purebred GP. He's 14 months old and weighs about
125 pounds, so he is quite fast and agile. His coat is less dense than a
purbred, very coarse outer hair less than three inches long with dense mat
of fur underneath. He is nearly all white and is the most self-cleaning
dog we've ever had around. Perhaps you're misunderstanding your Komondor
in your contest about who is the alpha dog. He knows his job (or thinks he
does) and is not really interest in your advice. He likely thinks you
should look after your own work and leave him to his.

Don Maroc
Vancouver Island, Canada

  • guard dogs, Maroc, 01/31/2000